Getting a massage can be a great way to relieve stress and tension in your body. However, choosing the right massage therapist can be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you find the right massage therapist for you:
Anastasia, Healing Hands Founder and Licensed Massage Therapist since 2010
- Consider their experience: Look for a massage therapist who has experience working with clients who have needs that are similar to your own. For example, if you are looking for a therapeutic massage to relieve chronic pain, you may want to find a therapist who specializes in this type of massage.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews and testimonials from other clients to get an idea of the massage therapist’s reputation and track record. Read ours here.
- Ask about their techniques: Different massage therapists may use different techniques, so it’s important to find one who uses a style that is comfortable and effective for you.
- Determine if the therapist’s communication style and personality are a good fit for you. Often it is not only about the touch, but about their energy, tone and their whole “vibe.” Choose a therapist who makes you feel safe and good from the moment they greet you.
- Check their qualifications: Make sure that the massage therapist you choose is licensed and certified to practice in your state. This will ensure that they have the necessary training and experience to provide a safe and effective massage. This picture shows how we display our licenses in our rooms.
By following these tips, you will be empowered to find a massage therapist who can help you relax and feel great about each session.
At Healing Hands, our massage therapists are all licensed and have between 5 to 15 years of experience. Our clients can feel confident they are not getting a session with a “masseuse” (someone who provides massage without previous studies) but rather with a professional and licensed Massage Therapist. We also list the bio of each therapist on our website (visible after choosing your session length at this link), so you can make an educated choice about which massage therapist you prefer, according to their certifications.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Healing Hands! 🤗