Our moms are some of the most important women in our lives: after all, mom is the one who gave us life and continues to shower us with love and affection. For this reason, we should show her how much we love her and how grateful we are for all her care and affection…not only on Mother’s Day, but every day.
Although it’s great to have one day a year dedicated to celebrating moms, it’s the little things we do throughout the year that truly let her know how special she is.
We live in a fast-paced world, and sometimes between work and daily activities, we forget to spend time with the most important people in our lives, our family. For that reason, your mom will appreciate the quality time you spend with her, and the activities you do with her, more than an actual mother’s day gift.
The following activities are great to enjoy with your mom:
- Eat with mom. Take her to her favorite restaurant or order in with her favorite dishes. Bonus points if you create a picnic that can be enjoyed at the park or pool!
- Take a painting class together. Get your creative juices flowing – or laugh at one another’s lack of artistic ability! Whichever you choose, you’ll be sure to have fun.
- Make-your-own candle. Learn the art of making candles while personalizing one with your favorite colors, scents, and sizes. Better yet, make one that mom will love and gift it to her at the end of the class!
- Take a pottery class. This is a fun activity where you learn to use clay and get to keep your handmade pots.
- Explore the great outdoors. If your mom is into nature, take her on a hike, to the beach, or plan a weekend camping getaway.
- Get a massage or a facial with mom. This (and going out to eat) is the # 1 activity most moms choose for Mother’s Day. They get to enjoy some well-deserved relaxation while being pampered by a professional massage therapist or esthetician. Sonno Estética is now open inside of CityDesk, where Healing Hands is also located, and their facials are top-notch!
Remember: there’s no need to wait for a special occasion to show love to your mom (or any person you care about, for that matter). Make every day Mother’s Day! 💖