Now that the weather is beginning to cool down, it’s an excellent time to introduce some fun new wellness challenges to your employee wellness program.
During the summer months, it’s easy to stay active, but an article by Gallup reports that Americans say they are less active in the later months of the year. Additionally, Huffpost explains the phenomenon of mood changes relating to seasonal changes. Turns out there IS a biological reason for the winter blues!
So what do you say we give employees a little helping hand (through Healing Hands!) to remain mentally and physically healthy this year? Here are some fun ways to do it:
1. Start a walk or bike to work challenge. The cooler weather means a perfect opportunity to start walking and biking more, enjoying the fresh fall air!
2. Bootcamp. Take the opportunity to boost employee moods with some fresh air and some movement in the Great Outdoors. The best part? Our bootcamps don’t require any equipment!
3. 10,000 steps challenge. Encourage employees to get in their daily step counts by making it a competition. Offer a prize for the person who gets the most steps by the end of the month.
4. Tai Chi. This one is another great exercise to do outside. Tai Chi has additional benefits too; instead of just aiding in movement, it also helps reduce stress and anxiety. Let us show you how.
5. 30-day Gratitude Challenge. It’s not just physical wellbeing that is important. At Healing Hands we believe in a holistic approach to health. Meaning, it encompasses the whole person! This includes mental well being. With Thanksgiving coming around, it would be a perfect time to introduce a 30-day gratitude challenge. Challenge employees to name one thing they are grateful for each day from now until Thanksgiving, and watch as morale increases.
There you have it! Try out any one (or a combination of) these ideas and reap the benefits of a well-rounded and well-crafted employee wellness program. See how Healing Hands can help.